Welcome to my Blog!

Hi there, nice to have you visiting! I'm Heidi and this is the blog for Heidi Bears. Here is where I post all the happenings in my work and daily life. Here and there you'll find info on things that have caught my attention as well as the odd tutorial. I hope you enjoy your visits. I love to have feedback, so leave me a comment!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Japan Earthquake and Medecins Sans Frontieres


I have been watching with horror as the events in Japan have unfolded. As I sit in my comfortable home with my kids safe and provided for, I cannot but feel that every person who is in the same position, may want to help in some way. Knitters and crocheters are collectively a huge force to be reckoned with (Ravelry has over a million members!), and if each of us does something small (or even big :) ) , we can make a difference. I have made a donation to Medecins Sans Frontieres, who already have people in Japan, helping. I would like to ask every person reading this, to make a donation as well, however small. If I were in Japan, with a family and all the fears that the Japanese people must be facing, I would be relieved to know that someone unknown is doing whatever they can to help me. We may not be able to up, and leave to help there, but we can do something by sponsoring those who can.

Please...donate something :)

2 comments:

K said...

It strikes at the heart.

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi, I'm Arianna, from Italy!!
Thanks, for your post about Japan...
I am a your new follower, your blog is so gorgeous and chic, too!!!
BELLISSIMO, i miei complimenti!!! (In Italian).
Kisses from Italy
Arianna
www.ilfilodiarianna-ari@blogspot.com